Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A few thoughts

I got an email saying a really good quote.... I will enclose that later. I am a daughter, a wife, a grand-daughter and niece of someone in the military. In one way or another they all fought for the wars in our time from WWII and on. It means a lot to me that i have spent 24 of 26 years of my life supporting them. I believe none of their work is done in vain and they take a lot of heat for what they do. They miss the good things in life they miss the first of many things with their children. Being a wife to a sailor i have done many things without my husband. I have brought 2 babies into this world without him. I am not the first woman to do this nor will i be the last. It is something most can never get over. It is a sense of accomplishment that one takes pride in. Do i think i am better than you no, Do i think my job is harder than the average stay at home mom? NO? Do i feel that i deserve some credit for putting up with our government that has the worst sense of humor ever.... Sometimes. We are not better or worse than anyone. We are the back bone and the support of husbands, dads and mothers who serve our country daily. That is a job that i am proud to hold. I hold this job high and i know that i can do it.

please pray for our Men and Women that our fighting for our country today. If you agree or not our government sent them there.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
One died for your soul, the others for your freedom"

No comments: